Planning your Dive Trip
- Ensure that your passport is valid and not about to expire. Certain countries do not allow entry to travellers with less than six (6) months to passport expiry.
- Ensure that foreign entry requirements are met for both transit and destination countries.
- A comprehensive travel insurance protects against any emergencies such as trip cancellations (due to natural disasters, accidents and incidents in the dive destination), medical care and lost or stolen luggage. Always read the fine print and review the plan carefully before purchasing. Check on the types of coverage (e.g. dive related emergencies), main exclusions and declarations.
Things to know during reservations
- Tour booking reference
- Price of tour (Inclusive of taxes, surcharges or any other charges?)
- Terms and conditions of your dive travel package, including:
- Date of full payment
- Date to inform confirmation of tour (NATAS’ recommended guideline is two weeks prior to departure for tours of more than six days in duration)
- Cancellation / amendment policies / penalties (by agent / consumer)
- Special terms / details of promotional package
- Tour components
- Names of airlines / hotels used
- Air routes (any transit and the waiting time in between connecting flights? What are the flight arrival / departure timings?)
- Special meals request (Vegetarian / no beef / children meals?)
- Type of rooms (Twin / double / triple rooms)
- Special needs (Sit-in coach basis or meet and greet services provided?)
- Itinerary (inclusion of entrance fees for marine park / fees for optional activities?)
- Tipping norms / guidelines and/or other customary practices in host countries
- Travel documentation
- Passport validity
- Visa requirements / procedures
- Date for passport submission / collection
- Health / fitness / vaccinations / medical requirements
- Pre-departure briefings (if any)
Why experience the stress and trouble? Contact Dive Asia Now for your next Dive Holiday and we will make all the necessary arrangements. We plan, you dive!